Muscle building is popular among teenagers and most adults. In that contrast, plenty of dietary supplements in the market claim to help in muscle building, energy stimulants, and many more.
SARMs are also one of them that has chemical similarities with anabolic steroids. You may know that steroids help in promoting muscular growth. But it also causes many harmful physical changes. However, the SARMs stand for the selective androgen receptor modulator. It helps in muscle building and has become popular in bodybuilders or athletes.
Now, if you also want to consume SARMs, then you should know everything about it. So, here is the detailed information about SARMs that helps you understand them in better ways.
So let’s dive into it.
What are SARMs?
SARMs is a therapeutic drug that came in origin during the research of cancer treatment. However, it looks beneficial for many other conditions like Hypogonadism, osteopenia, osteoporosis, muscular dystrophy, Alzheimer’s disease, and many more.
However, SARMs is also famous as a dietary supplement, and there is a hype that it helps in muscle building and boost the performance of athletes and bodybuilders. Manufacturers of SARMs also claim similar results that it helps in muscle cell growth for making body.
SARMs Side Effects
SARMs provide muscle gaining efficiency, but what about its side effects. First, keep in mind that the SARMs have chemical similarities with anabolic steroids unsafe for human consumption.
Now here are some potential side effects that many of us may face after its consumption.
- SARMs reduce the natural production of testosterone in the body. Now testosterone is a powerful body hormone that helps to maintain the body functions properly. However, if you regularly consume the SARMs for a longer time, it reduces testosterone levels and leads to its deficiency.
- The small amount of SARMs will not cause significant effects. It is clear from previous research that smaller portions don’t cause long-term effects. The high doses of SARMs are not safe even for athletics.
- SARMs have the potential to increase cancer developing risk in the body. This is because it has cardarine that is referred to as the cancerous element. So the FDA took notice and banned its consumption and even made it available in the market.
- SARMs also cause the drug to induce liver injuries. If you take its high doses, the liver injuries increase and cause serious issues like jaundice, anorexia, itchy skin, nausea, lethargy, and many more.
Types of SARMs
SARMs have a different composition from manufacturers and according to which they claim their health benefits and side effects. So here are some famous SARMs that people consume according to their choice and requirements.
- MK-2866 or GTx-024 (Ostarine)
- LGD-4033 (Ligandrol)
- GSX-007 or S-4 (Andarine)
- GW-501516 (Cardarine)
You may think that these types of SARMs are weird and didn’t purchase them. But it has some genuine reason that FDA approves the SARMs for medical use. So the pharmaceutical industries take advantage by giving them similar names.
We hope this guide will help you to know about everything regarding SARMs. In addition, all ensure choosing the SARMs according to health care advisors’ prescription and consuming the prescribed dosage.